Seed Germination Pouch (small)
Catalog Number: CYG-19LB
Size: Height:14cm width:12.5cm
Applications: Nematology, Plant Physiology, Plant Pathology, Legume Inoculation,Tissue Transfer, Comparative Studies;Suitable for small seeds such as Arabidopsis, Tobacco and Oilseed rape.
1. The seed germination pouch was developed as an inexpensive, space-saving replacement for pots and similar containers used to grow plants, the seed germination pouch includes two parts, the pouch and the paper wick, the paper wick is put in the pouch .
2. Seeds are placed in the trough formed by the paper wick, water or a substrate of choice is added and the seed germination pouch is placed in an upright position. The composition of the nutrient solution can be varied as desired.
3. Most seeds can be grown in the seed germination pouch. However, if the seeds is very small, such as tobacco seeds , it is better to moisten the paper wick before placing the seeds. This will prevent the small seeds from falling through the perforations.
4. Seed germination pouch(small, 14 cm height x 12.5 cm width) suitable for plants with fibrous root or shorter root; seed germination pouch(medium, 18 cm height x 12.5 cm width) suitable for plants with tap root or longer root; we also launched seed germination pouch(large, 30cm height x 25 cm width) suitable for plants need growing longer, it can offer enough space for the root growth.
5. The seed germination pouch can be sterilized at 121°C for 15 minutes, the seed germination pouch we provided is sterile.
6. Excess water may inhibit seed germination or cause mildewed. The initial stage of fluid should not exceed 20 ml.
7. The seed germination pouch is space-saving tool, the growth of root system can be observed visually, the seed germination pouch can be well used in research on drought tolerance and salt-tolerant of plant in seedling stage.
8. If the seeds is dicotyledons (such as soybean) or hard seed coats (such as rice) we advise it is better to put the seeds in the seed germination pouch after soaking.
Because of its unique design, the seed germination pouch is widely used in:
Nematology Plant Physiology Plant Pathology Legume Inoculation Tissue Transfer Comparative Studies
The seed germination pouch is used by universities and research institutions all over the worldwide.
Fig1. Seed Germination Pouch（small）Display
Fig2. Put Seeds
Fig3. Add water or nutrient solution to the seed germination pouch
Fig4. Waiting for the seed germination
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How does the seed germination pouch work?
By capillarity. The trough has small perforations that allow the root to pass through, making the root development visible. The seeds are placed in the trough located at the top of the seed germination pouch and the water is deposited at the bottom of the seed germination pouch. The water moves upwards via the paper wick. Once it reaches the trough, it will moisten the seed.
2. How much water is placed in the Seed Germination pouch?
In most cases, 17 to 20 ml（Depending on the size of seeds）should suffice.
3. How often should the Seed Germination pouch be refilled with water?
It varies. Some seeds will consume the water faster than other seeds. The best criteria is to keep the wick moist at all times. Pay attention to the water at the bottom of the Seed Germination pouch periodically and add water in time to avoid dry.
4. Are there any nutrients or chemicals in the Seed Germination pouch?
No, the material is free of any nutrients or chemicals. It is completely inert.
5. Can the ink streak that sometimes appears in the paper wick affect the results?
No, the ink is made of inert material and will not affect the results of any experiment.
6. Can the pouch be reused?
No. The Seed Germination pouch is designed to be used only once. Re-using the Seed Germination pouch will contaminate the media and alter the results.
7. Is the pouch sterile?
The Seed Germination pouch we provided is sterile.
8. Can the Seed Germination pouch be sterilized?
Yes, the Seed Germination pouch can be autoclaved. The Seed Germination pouch is designed to withstand that process.
9. How long can I keep the germinated seeds in the Seed Germination pouch?
Around three weeks. Usually by the third week the wick will start to break down.
10. Can the Seed Germination pouch be used for larger seeds?
We provide special larger seed germination pouch for larger seeds.
11. How can I prevent very small seeds from falling through the perforations, such as tobacco seeds?
By the moistening the trough prior to placing the smaller seeds in the trough, they should remain in place.
12. What are the dimensions of the Seed Germination pouch?
The scale on each side of the Seed Germination pouch is easy to measure root length. The work size of the Seed Germination pouch for small seeds is 14 cm height x 12.5 cm width(CAT#：CYG-19LB ); The work size of the Seed Germination pouch for large seeds is 18 cm height x 12.5 cm width(CAT#： CYG-38LB ); The work size of the Seed Germination pouch for larger seeds is 30 cm height x 25cm width(CAT#： CYG-98LB ).
13. What kind of shelf can be used to support Seed germination pouch?
We develop acrylic shelf(CAT#：CYG-fyj) and you can put 10 to 20 Seed germination pouch in the shelf, but the shelf should not be sterilized.